In this video, I’m giving you the 8 components of the business plan every digital marketing agency needs in order to be successful. So many of us are in the agency business by accident. But, success doesn’t happen by accident and that’s why you need a plan.
I get it. At first you knew how to do something cool and people were willing to pay you for it. Then before you knew it, you became an agency. So whether you’re just starting out or got years of experience under your belt, it’s never too late to develop a business plan.
Here’s the 8 Systems every Digital Marketing Agency needs:
1. CLARITY: Where is your agency now and where do you want it to go? You can’t get where you’re going unless you’re very clear on the destination.
2. POSITIONING: How can you position your agency as “THE Choice” rather than just “A Choice”?
3. OFFERING: What do your ideal clients need? Hint: it’s not always what you want them to need 🙂 But, what does your service offering ladder look like and how can you use it to build trust and land the bigger projects or retainers?
4. PROSPECTING: With the right positioning and offering, how can you find the right prospects? I believe every agency should have a 3-channel approach to prospecting: inbound, outbound and partnerships. That way, if one or two of those channels becomes weak you still have others to fall back on.
5. SALES: What will be your process for converting all your prospects into clients? Are you talking to only the right prospects and not wasting time on the wrong ones? Is there a qualification process, proposal process and follow-up process?
6. DELIVERY: This is an area that is often overlooked but so important to success. What is the onboarding strategy? What is the plan for continuous follow-up and how can you ensure you don’t lose money through scope creep?
7. OPERATIONS: What is the structure of your team and how does your agency’s org chart look? As you grow, how will the org chart continue to develop and where do the layers of authority and responsibility lie?
8. LEADERSHIP: What are the roles of the leadership team and how involved in the owner in daily operations? What KPI’s are important and how often do you measure them against your goals? How will you develop your agency’s brand and continue to stand out?
If you want to find out even more about creating the 8 Systems for your own Digital Marketing Agency Business Plan, check out: http://jasonswenk.com/playbook
Thanks for watching. Your comments are why I do this, so please take a second and say hello.
SUBSCRIBE NOW to follow my entrepreneurial journey. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDvZHFVeqEMq58q6tMoyMK-ufpp0ysoVP
JASON SWENK IS AN AGENCY ADVISOR THAT GUIDES MARKETING AGENCIES THROUGH A PROVEN FRAMEWORK FOR GROWING THEIR AGENCY FASTER & EASIER.
Fresh out of college Jason was off to work for Arthur Anderson, one of the big 5 consulting firms. He quickly realized that he could never work for anyone other than himself. He decided to change direction, launch a digital agency that quickly grew to a multi-million dollar operation working with brands such as AT&T, Hitachi and Lotus Cars. After 12 years of steady growth, the agency caught the attention of bigger agencies and Jason sold it in 2012.
Now, Jason leads http://JasonSwenk.com, a unique media company & consultancy helping marketing agencies grow & scale their agencies faster by applying the framework that he used to grow, scale and eventually sell his agency. Jason has helped over 10,000 agencies in 23 countries meet or exceed their business goals.
Jason currently hosts two shows that are available for download…
The Smart Agency Master Class Podcast, dedicated to providing tactics and strategies to agency owners and decision makers that cut through the BS, focus on exactly what works and what doesn’t; and
SwenkToday a daily VLOG that documents the entrepreneurial journey of building another multimillion dollar business, where he share the latest strategies, and answers the most burning questions entrepreneurs have.
DONATE to help us continue to provide you amazing content. https://jasonswenk.com/donate/
MON-THUR VLOG #SwenkToday
Q&A from my digital agency audience
Ask me A Question:
(Digital Agency Interviews)
Follow me here:
Music by epidemicsound.com